- Partnership for the National Trails System
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Pacific Crest Trail Association
- American Long Distance Hiking Association - West (ALDHA-West)
- [Includes lists of Triple Crown recipients]
- Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association
- Continental Divide Trail Coalition
- Montana Wilderness Association
- Greater Yellowstone Coalition
- Wyoming Outdoor Council
- Colorado Trail Foundation
- Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado
- Great Divide Trail Association [Canada]
- Where the Waters Divide (Karen Berger and Daniel R. Smith, 1993) - still our favorite account of a Continental Divide Trail hike.
- The Ultimate Journey (Eric and Tim Ryback, 1973) - unreliable and outdated as to details of a hike, nevertheless an enjoyable read.
- Scraping Heaven (Cindy Ross, 2003) - family travel, with llamas.
- Hiking the Continental Divide Trail: One Woman's Journey (Jennifer Hanson, 2011) - a good read and a rewarding introduction for anyone considering a venture on the CDT.
- Hiking the Continental Divide: 1984 Journal of Robert Huggins (2007) - Pinedale WY to Banff Alberta, April to October, 2 volumes and CD.
- The Backbone of the World (Frank Clifford, 2002) - an evocation of character and geography of people along the Divide whose disappearance will sever a link with the defining American spirit.
- Crossing Divides (Scott Bischke, 2002) - a couple's story of cancer, hope, and hiking Montana's Continental Divide.
- Journey to the Top of the Divide (Ronald Tighe, 1979) - our only suggested equestrian title.
- Wild (Cheryl Strayed, 2012) - the best-seller account of a hike along the Pacific Crest Trail, it is a moving personal story.
- The Great Gates (Marshall Sprague, 1964) - the story of the Rocky Mountain passes. Available online or from CDTS.
- Annals of Wyoming - issues with essays by Jim Wolf available from CDTS.
- Collectible titles dealing with the CDT states - inquire from CDTS